Danshell has acknowledged the fantastic contributions made by members of its team.
The Danshell Staff Recognition Awards honoured staff who have gone above and beyond in supporting both service users and colleagues.
A number of awards were presented during a gala dinner, held at the Marriot Hotel in York. The winners were:-
- Family Carer Choice Award 2016 - Lisa Gardner, Service Manager at Oaklands in Hexham.
- Unit Support Individual of the Year 2016, Julie Lonsdale, Business Support Administrator for Scottish services.
- Service Manager of the Year 2016 - Sibusiso Mudimbu, Service Manager at Old Leigh House in Essex
- Outstanding Newcomer 2016 – Evelyn Griffiths, Care Support Worker at Redlands in Darlington.
- Nurse of the Year 2016 - Nicola Darby, Deputy Manager and Nurse at Yew Trees in Essex.
- Support Worker of the Year 2016- Kirsty Kerr, Senior Care Support Worker at, Ranaich House in Dunblane.
- Outstanding Team of the Year 2016 - Hope House Staff team from Hartlepool.
- Outstanding Clinical Contribution 2016 - Susan Wood, Occupational Therapist for Danshell’s South East services
- Directors Special Recognition Award 2016 - Sandra Ashton, Mental Health Act Manager for all Danshell services.
Mel Ramsey, Chief Executive Officer at Danshell, said: “I have recently joined Danshell and one of my first jobs was to read through around 700 nominations for the staff awards.
“It was a fantastic way to get to know the business and the staff and I was blown away by the achievements of our employees. The awards night was inspiring and I’m really proud to be working with such an amazing team.”
Efi Hershkovitz, Executive Chairman of Danshell, said: “I believe that people should be recognised for their hard work, and going above and beyond in what they do. The awards celebrate people who have been nominated by their peers for their hard work and dedication in providing an exemplary standard of care.
“However, there are many more individuals carrying out sterling work in our services and I would like to personally congratulate every single member of the Danshell team for their achievements this year.”