Inspired by our Danshell Shining Star Awards, Hollyhurst residential service in Darlington have hosted their own event to recognise the great work done by their staff team, as well as the achievements of the people they support.
Staff and the people they support were nominating throughout November for the people they thought deserve an extra special thank you or well done. The team wanted to make sure that everyone’s achievements were recognised and celebrated.
Kelly Neave, Deputy Manager at Hollyhurst, said, “We wanted to make sure the everyday achievements of the people we support, as well as those who support them, were recognised in a really positive way and that no-one missed out. Their achievements were marked every day for a month, when we would shake a tambourine and present them with a certificate and some chocolates as a surprise!”
The awards night was very successful; everyone enjoyed the black tie event with a three course meal for dinner, awards ceremony and games, followed by a disco to party the night away! Paul played the keyboard and people enjoyed requesting their favourite songs and having a singalong.
There were nine awards for staff, plus person centred awards for each of the people they support, which celebrated what is important to each of them.
Service User Awards:
- Best Hiker of the Year
- Best Singer of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Independent Activity Award
- 100% Attendance in Structured Activities
- Swimmer of the Year
- First Job in the Community Award
- Cyclist of the Year
- Best Sausage Roll Maker of the Year
- Postman of the Year
- Walking Team of the Year
Staff Awards Winners:
- Student Mentor Award – David Bishop & Alison Mitchell
- Longstanding Service Award – Keith Smith & Tracey Hewson
- Outstanding Contribution – Rob Henderson, Mike Cave & Lynn Dunn
- Key Workers of the Year – Kim Askew, Connor Giddings & Nick Kelly
- Rising Star – Alan Davies & Claire Metcalfe
- Best Newcomer – Mitchell Richards & Andrew Mason
- Extra Mile Award – Adam Keech, Bobby Carling & Vickie Greaves
- Team Story Award – The Lodge
- Service User Choice Award – GAS & Marlene
Well done to everyone who won an award!