The Danshell Autism Diagnostic Service is an outpatient assessment service based at the Wast Hills site in Kings Norton, Birmingham.
The service provides a written report with clear recommendations for future care and support, following the principles with NICE guidelines (CG142).
We offer two levels of assessment;
1. A standard clinical assessment
2. A complex multidisciplinary team diagnostic assessment
Complex assessments may involve a full multidisciplinary team to include Psychiatry, Psychology, Speech and Language Therapy and Occupational Therapy.
- 18 years and over
- All cognitive ability levels
- Mental Health Diagnosis
- Pervasive Developmental Disorders
- Specific Learning Impairments
- Under 18 years
- Forensic history that would pose a significant risk to assessment in an outpatient setting
Screening questionnaires are sent out in advance, dependent on cognitive ability and may include
- RQ Relatives Questionnaire
- SQS Social Communication Questionnaire
A toolbox of assessments are available, all of which involve one-to-one clinical and professional interview. The following diagnostic tools and available where appropriate.
- The Diagnostic Interview for Social and Communication Disorders (DISCO)
- The Adult Asperger Assesment (AAA)
- The Pragmatics Profile
- Test Reception of Grammar (TROG-2)
- Communication Checklist - Adult (CC-A)
- Autism Diagnostic Interview - Revised (ADI-R)
- Social Responsiveness Scale, Second Edition (SRS-2)
- Peabody Picture Vocabulary Test, Fourth Edition (PPVT-4)
- Expressive Vocabulary Text, Second Edition (EVT-2)
- Adolescence/Adult Sensory Profile
Further Information and Contact Details