Danshell has a commitment to protecting and respecting your privacy.
The Data Protection Act 1998 ('the Act') and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 ("Regulations") are designed to protect individuals about whom information is entered and stored on computer and other systems. Accordingly, they lay down strict standards of accuracy, relevance and care of such data including how it may be divulged. Any data about individuals you enter onto our website directly or include in any message to us will be subject to the Act and Regulations and you are responsible for its accuracy and relevance and must have the authority to disclose it and for us to utilise it for the purposes of any arrangements concluded for or by you through this website. Utilising the data for such purposes may involve the transfer outside the European Economic Area of data which you have given to us. If you are in any doubt about any data please feel free to contact us with details of the problem first (see contact details below).
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:
1 Manchester Square
Information That May Be Collected
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information provided by you through filling in forms on our site.
- A record of correspondence may be kept if you contact us.
- You may be asked to complete surveys to be used in research but there is no obligation to complete them.
- Information and details of user visits to the website site including, but not restricted to; traffic or location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that accessed.
IP Addresses and Cookies
For system administration, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. This statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns does not identify any single person use.
Cookie files which are stored on the hard drive of your computer may be used to obtain information about your general internet. These contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive and help us improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They can enable us to:
- Make an estimate of our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about users' preferences, allowing us to customise the site more according to a user's individual interests.
- Enhance the speed of searches.
- Recognise a return visitor to the site.
Storage of Personal Data
Information given or obtained through your visit to this site may be held and used in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for users and for their computer.
- To provide users with information requested from us or which we feel may interest users, where they have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow users to take part in the interactive features of the website, when you choose to do so.
- To notify users about changes to our service.
We may also use users' data, or permit selected third parties to use users' data, to provide users with information about goods and services which may be of interest and we or they may contact users about these by post, telephone, or email.
Users have the right to ask us not to process personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform users (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose information to any third party for such purposes. Users can exercise their right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect data. Users can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at:
Holgate Park Drive
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If a user follows a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Holgate Park Drive