Staffordshire Supported Living
Service: Supported Living
Download: Staffordshire Supported Living Easy Read Brochure (Coming soon)
Supported Living is an important step towards independence. We know how important it is for you to have the right support so you can live the life you want to live
We are delighted to be able to support people with learning disabilities in Staffordshire take those steps towards living independently and achieving their goals. Working with Registered Housing Providers, we are able to support you to find your own home that suits your needs.
This might include large living space, a garden, a wet room or bathroom to accommodate reduced mobility, as well as local community facilities. We ensure that your needs and preferences are met and that you are able to easily do the things you want to do.
We are here simply to support you to achieve your goals and dreams, whatever they may be. Our aim is to help you to build your skills and confidence, so you are able to live as independently as possible
If you are moving to Supported Living from a Danshell service, we will already know you well. We will support you with a personal discharge plan to achieve your goals and aspirations. If you are coming from another service, we will take the time to get to know you, the things you like and what you don’t like, as well as what your hopes and dreams are for the future. Most importantly, we want to support you to be in control of your own life.
How we support you:
- Working with you to find out your strengths, abilities and preferences - We get to know you and also talk to your family, carers, advocates and other people who are important to you.
- Helping you to set goals as part of your support plan.
- Working with you to help you achieve your goals.
- Working with other people who support you.
- Making sure you have easy read information about your rights and choices in whatever format and language you choose.
- Providing practical help, such as training and support on how to manage your home, your money, gardening, housework and healthy living.
- Helping you to build relationships and access whatever community activities you would like to take part in.